Intensive Early Intervention Clinic Program
The ultimate goal of this program is to build a solid foundation of critical skills that will prepare our early learners for lifelong learning. At our Intensive Early Intervention Program, you will find a fun and motivating learning environment focused on teaching children the necessary skills to transition to preschool or kindergarten. Within our scheduled day, activities are child-led and play-based to motivate learning within the natural environment. BCBAs work closely with the therapists and parents/caregivers to develop a solid foundation of skills. Our objective is to have each child believe they are playing when therapy is the true focus.
Key Components of Our Program:
- Children can begin services as early as they are diagnosed with ASD and continue in IEIP until they begin school, typically age 1-6 years old
- We utilize the Early Start Denver Model Checklist to determine treatment intensity, goals, and placement
- Hours of treatment typically range from 14-35 hours per week
- Children are staffed in a 1:1 ratio with a trained Behavior Technician
- The schedule includes a mix of individual and group instruction times
- Children are placed in leveled classrooms based on skills assessment outcomes
- Self-regulation skills are included in the programming for all children.
- Our clinic day is structured to mimic a typical pre-school classroom and associated routines
- BCBAs are ALWAYS on-site to offer assistance, guidance and supervision throughout the day
- Each week is highlighted by unique theme-based activities to encourage learning through fun activities like circle time, story time, music and movement, and arts and crafts
- While our program has a whole child focus, we place a strong emphasis on play skills, verbal and nonverbal communication, personal independence and social skills
- If needed, toilet training is provided using a systematic approach
- Food expansion and behavioral feeding protocols are also incorporated as needed
Our early intervention program has four classrooms designed to focus the level of teaching to the skill level of the child. Children are placed according to their assessment outcomes for play skills, verbal and nonverbal communication, and social skills. Each child’s pace of advancement through the program/classrooms is determined by their own rate of acquisition and skill development.
In our Discovery Zone, the children begin to discover the world around them by increasing early communication, social connections, and play skills. The children in our Explorer’s Club are exploring their use of language and playing alongside their peers. As children advance to Adventure Alley, they develop imaginative play with peers and communicate using detailed language. Our Voyager’s classroom is the final stop before children advance to school or other community settings. In the Voyager’s classroom, children focus on increasing their communication, cooperative play, developing independence and school-readiness skills.
AM Sessions: 8:30am—12:00pm
PM Sessions: 12:00pm—3:30pm
Full Day Sessions: 8:30am—3:30pm